Music Monday

 Another “your choice” week.


At the beginning of the month I mentioned that my daughter loves fantasy, magic and fairytales.


She gets it from her mother.


I’m a geek, a nerd, a lover of all things magical and mystical.






Lately I’ve been obsessed with dragons.


So I’ve put together a play list, songs about dragons.


Let's start with a song by Don McLean.  I don't know the movie that he wrote it for but the song is pretty.




I remember seeing, and loving, the original Shrek.  Never saw any of the sequels.  As I recall, there's a wonderful dragon in that movie...



You know there has to be a Disney song in here somewhere



And some Celtic music



Or some Finnish power metal







Some Scottish music




And  you have to include  some Game of Thrones



And Harry Potter



My daughters loved Quest for Camelot



How To Train Your Dragon



More Disney



Some Ed Sheeran




But we have to close it out with Peter, Paul and Mary





Comments

  1. Robin,

    Dragons wouldn't be a prompt I'd think of for music and I would've never thought there were this many but you came up with some excellent, mostly new-to-me music picks. Thanks for sharing these discoveries. It was great having you co-host 4M this month. You did a fab job and we'll look forward to having you on board again, my friend. Have a boogietastice week! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very cool. Thanks for sharing it. Loved the dragon theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic songs and movie themes, Songbirdie. Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a collection from various genres. The only song I knew was Puff the Magic Dragon. I liked the first "Pete's Dragon" instrumental and also the music from Game of Thrones (which I have never seen). I've read some of Anne McCaffery Dragonriders of Pern series over the years, but it's been a while. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday