Wednesday Medley



1.  Wednesday, December 19, 2018, is National Hard Candy Day! So the first question today is to ask if you enjoy hard candy, especially the kind we usually see during this festive time of year?  What is your favorite?  Which hard candy brings up the best memories for you if any?

Yes, I do like hard candy.  I love candy canes and ribbon candy this time of year. 

As for memories, there are two.  The first involves a general store located not too far from my house.  When I was a kid we liked to go there occasionally and buy "old fashioned candy", especially the candy  sticks; if you suck on those long enough, the end becomes sharp and pointy.

The other involves my grandmother.  She loved Charms  Sour Balls.  There were always sour balls in her candy dish.

2.  Holiday shopping!  Are you finished? If you could spend an entire day in just one store, which one would it be and why?
 
I'm Jewish, and Chanukah was earlier this month, so my family gift -giving is over and done.  My favorite store is Amazon.
3.  What holiday dessert describes you and why?

Hmmm...interesting question.  Just call me a rainbow cookie, I have an optimistic outlook.

4.  What is your least favorite holiday side dish?
 
My boyfriend always serves frozen mixed vegetables.  I'd prefer something fresh.


5.  Now be real!! There is one on almost every tree. What is the ugliest tree ornament you have ever seen?

I love Christmas decorations.   I don't recall anything truly ugly.

6.  Tell us something random about your week!!

My subscription to the NY Times seems to be all mesed up, I've been getting two copies of the paper every morning.  I don't need two copies of the paper
 

Comments

  1. 1. Hard candy, YES! Candy canes, yum. Alas, the last one I had resulted in a mega-bucks dental bill. Broke a tooth beneath a crown, requiring hours in dental chair and new crown. Some people never learn.
    2. Shopping? Done! Wrapped and ready.
    3. Pumpkin Pie. I'm see myself as a kind of Cinderella.
    4. limp, overcooked frozen carrots
    5. big leering clown
    6. daughter wigged out and then wigged in again. I gained a new insight into her troubles, so it's all good.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they want you to read the paper twice? ;)

    There is a day for everything, isn't there? Hard candy day. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday