Saturday 9

 

Thank U, Next

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Thank U, Next (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, Ariana Grande thanks her former boyfriends for what they taught her about love, life, patience and pain. Do you believe you have learned more from your successes, or your mistakes?

Both, actually.  
 
2) One of the young men mentioned in the song is Pete Davidson, a cast member of Saturday Night Live. SNL has been on for more than 45 years now. Who is your all-time favorite cast member? 

  

Gilda -- gone too soon.


3) Thinking of funny people ... As you can see from the video, Ariana performed "Thank U, Next" on Ellen Degeneres' talk show. Ellen makes people laugh every afternoon. Who in your life can you always count on to make you laugh or smile?

Drew has a quirky and sarcastic sense of humor. He can always make me laugh.
 
4) It looks like Ariana Grande's personal romantic saga will have a happy ending because at Christmastime, she announced her engagement. Do you know anyone who is getting married in 2021?

No.


5) Ariana loves Harry Potter and named her dogs Snape, Lily and Sirius Black after characters in the J.K. Rowling books. Are you a Harry Potter fan?

Just because I had to buy three copies of The Deathly Hallows (one for each of my daughters and a third for myself) the day it was published, because none of us was willing to wait to read it...no, none of us like The Boy Who Lived.  Not at all.

6) She loves board games, especially Monopoly. Sam isn't crazy about Monopoly because it takes so long. How about you? Are you a Monopoly fan?
 
I've played a lot of Monopoly.  I never win, but I enjoy the game.

7) In 2018, the year this song was released, Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. Who received the last toy you purchased? What was it?

My newest "toy"



Brews three ways:  a full pot using ground coffee, a single serving using ground coffee, or a K-cup.  I love it.

As for a real toy, like for a child...I am not sure when was the last time...there aren't any children in my life right now.



8) Also in 2018, Aretha Franklin died. What's your favorite Aretha song?


The look on Carole King's face... priceless.  

9) Random question: Are you more likely to shed a tear at a wedding or during a movie?

A movie.  Most recently I cried during that Tom Hanks movie, News of the World. It's a must-see.

Comments

  1. I love Tom Hanks! I'll have to find that movie. (He can always wrest a tear from me. I welled up a bit in Cast Away when he chose to sleep on the hotel room floor, instead of in the bed.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great video clip!
    I saw "Beautiful, The Carole King Story" twice, once was on Broadway and I cried at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aretha is powerful! What a great clip. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gilda was a comic genius. Seems like all the good ones leave us too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the book, News Of The World--it was engaging. I NEED to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great clip. I remember when the US had arts and music and joy and love and humanity . . . about five years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that counts as a toy. I buy myself all sorts of fun toys, but playthings for children not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny about your three brand new books.
    I loved, LOVED Gilda. She was amazing, and yes, she died far too soon.
    I want to see that new Tom Hanks movie. I think you have to join some darn thing or another to even get a chance to order it, or I'm dead wrong which wouldn't surprise any one.

    My newest toy is still waiting to be ordered. It's a new Serger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aretha really had the pipes, and this is beautiful. Thank you!
    And That new toy is fablvar. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday