A very strange Father's Day

If you read my earlier post you will have surmised that Drew and I started Father's Day at brunch with our two beautiful daughters.  Usually the girls and I do brunch with Drew and dinner with my family.

But my dad is in the hospital.  He's been there over a week.  So we thought we'd bring the party to him.  Cake from Reinwald's, chocolate covered strawberries from Edible Arrangements.

Except . . .

He's in a lethargic state as he recovers from surgery, so he slept most of the time we were there.

Not that it mattered.  He's "NPO".  Nothing By Mouth.  He has an issue swallowing and they have to figure out what's going on.

It's scary.  He's old and sick.  A plethora of medical issues.  His primary care doctor gave him a "pep talk" today about staying strong and he'll be well enough to go home soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday