Wednesday HodgePodge

From this Side of the Pond




 
If it's Wednesday, it's time for Joyce and the HodgePodge.



1. I feel most energized when I _______________________.

It depends.

But one of the things I know about myself ...I do my best writing when I am responding to something that has made me angry or upset.  In the early days of my career, my supervisor loved it when we'd get some  document from our adversaries that could only be referred to as bullsh...er, malarkey...and I'd have to write a response.  Some of my best legal briefs were written after I'd uttered the words: "I cannot believe he had the nerve to put this in writing!"

2. Where were you ten years ago?

Hmmm....2008...Jen  graduated from high school and started her freshman year of college.  Becca finished her sophomore year of high school and was starting to come into her own.  Drew and I had ceased hostilities and agreed to be friends again, though I couldn't imagine at that time how things would evolve.    My father was still alive, and my parents were actively enjoying their retirement years.

It was also a scary time.  Remember, that was the year the big recession started.  And my employer was one of the companies that the government had to bail out,  I had over $3,000 worth of company stock which became virtually worthless overnight; thanks to a reverse stock split, I now hold exactly two shares of stock in that company, and I periodically get $.64 dividend checks.  It's not fun when your teenage daughter tells you: "Mom, you can't read the headline on the cover of the Daily News..."  Or when Michael Moore shows up at your company's headquarters asking for money.   I'm just grateful I didn't lose my job.

And it was the year I started this blog.  I just went back and re-read my 2008 entries.  I wrote a lot about my kids, our family cats, my commute into NYC, Christmas decorations, and even a bit of politics -- we were all full of hope after the presidential election that year.  How times have changed.


3. July 17th is World Emoji Day. Do you use emojis? Which one's your favorite? Your most used?

Image result for roll eyes emoji

I can be sarcastic without saying a word.

4. What song would you put on a wedding DO NOT PLAY list?





5. What deserves less of your attention? More of your attention?


I spend far too much time playing on my iPad...Facebook, Instagram, games like solitaire and Candy Crush, , and far too little time reading books and newspapers.  Less Facebook, more real books, would be beneficial, I think.


6. Insert your own random thought here.

Summer is flying by way too fast. 


Comments

  1. Yeah, that song should definitely not be on a wedding play list! I know what you mean about online time. I don't have Facebook, because I know I'd get sucked in. I used to have Instagram but got rid of that too! I still blog, though. That's my one social media thing. Summer IS going by too fast! (I'm a teacher, so I really love those summers!) Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with Carrie Underwood for the do not play list as well...Two Black Cadillacs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm partial to the emoji in the sunglasses.

    I'm obsessed with Candy Crush, too. I just passed level 2900. Yup, way too much time playing that.

    Wow, how much changes in ten years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the song. lol. I also agree on spending too much time on the iPad instead of reading. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ten years ago things do change. One son graduated and the other one would been a jR in high school. Now they have there own family.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I need to spend more time reading, in the past it was my passion, online social media has taken up too much time. I enjoyed your answers to today's hodgepodge. I'm sad that Hodgepodge is going on break, just when I'm joining again... Let me know if you participate in any other blog surveys like this one.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday