Ramblings

 So the solar eclipse wasn’t visible here, and we had cloud cover for the meteor shower.  I’m hoping for clear skies  the night of August 27-28, a total lunar eclipse. 

Laugh out loud time.  We ordered a new dining room table and chairs,  it was delivered Tuesday, right on schedule.  So imagine our surprise when we got a phone call Wednesday to expect delivery of our new table in Thursday…  so different from our experience with the grill last year. 

Way back in 2014 I was kind of into subscription boxes.  You know, you get a new box each month filled with merchandise the company selected for you.  It’s like getting a gift every month.  I stopped subscribing after a few months.  So I was very surprised to receive an email from Ipsy asking me to come back to their subscription service.  After all this time?  Well, why not?  I updated my profile and I’ll give it a try. 

The last day to use the community pool is Labor Day.  That means only  three more weekends.   Where did the summer go?  

But I will have an opportunity to swim in October, when we take our cruise.

I guess it’s time to plan the Labor Day barbecue.

We went out to eat Saturday night.  Nothing special, just a chain restaurant.  As we were coming out of the parking lot, though …we had to stop and wait for a family of Canada geese to cross.  We had to honk at the geese …

There were geese in the parking lot at my dentist’s office, too.  Also seagulls and other birds.







Comments

  1. Did honking at the geese slow them down? I don't think they care. They'll just amble along, snarling traffic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the bird that looks like a gull but has a dark head? A kind of gull? We have year-round geese, and others that fly over migrating twice a year. The locals stop traffic when they have babies that can't fly yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you going for your cruise? I want to go on at least one more cruise. That's a lot of birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least up in your area, the geese are near home. Down here in the swamps of south Louisiana, you'd think they would head north in our hot summers but no, they now just stay all year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment