Music Monday

  Today’s music idea was inspired by this interesting factoid found at CoolKidFacts. 

The first sandwich was allegedly made on August 6, 1762, and was given the Lord of Sandwich’s name.  The dish consisted of meat placed between two slices of bread, which he requested because he was in the middle of a gambling game and did not want to interrupt it.

This week’s prompt is sandwich. Build a sandwich (acrostic) with your favorite song picks, find song titles, lyrics, or band names with sandwich or items found on a sandwich. This is a lite assignment, the object is to have fun!

Let’s start with Alan Jackson


Do you prefer tuna?


Or peanut butter


Or maybe a hot dog?



Don’t buy this cold cut 





How about a burger?


 Mmm, now I’m hungry.




Comments

  1. You just can't go wrong with an Alan Jackson song. That's the closest thing I've heard to rock n roll from Buck Owens and Peanut Butter brings back some memories of Chubby Checker and The Twist and Mash Potato. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Alan Jackson and REO Speedwagon, then you threw Jimmy Buffett in there, too! Love all your song choices! And now I'm hungry too. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the direction you went with your song picks!! Some of these are new to me, some I've heard in passing, and of course I'm very family Jimmy Buffet's hit. Thanks for creative fun and joining us on the dance floor, dearie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hungry, too (but not about to eat the liverwurst). The Alan Jackson video is so adorable-I'm assuming the little ones were two of his grandhildren). What a shame he had to go into retirement due to a serious health issue earlier this year. Peanut Butter also brought back childhood memories and Buck Owens made me laugh. Great selections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny likes Alan Jackson, but we go for the Tuna, Songbirdie😸Great choices!. Double Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like liverwurst! I spread it on German rye bread with cut piece of pickle on top( cut like a cucumber)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment