Loved this place the first time we tried it, so of course we had to go back.
Once again we had the rodizio. Loved every juicy bite of the meat, enjoyed the sides.
But what really impressed me: dessert
I seldom eat dessert, but since others at the table chose to order . . .
I tried something called natas-do-ceu, which the menu translates as "Heavenly Whites" but is more commonly known as "heavenly cream". And aptly named. This incredible concoction was served in a parfait glass. The scrumptious white cream --the waiter said it was heavy cream whipped with egg whites -- was layered with cookie crumbs and I think there may have been a touch of cinnamon. Light and sweet but not cloying, a perfect ending after such a robust meat meal.
life in and around NYC is insane
My Blog List
My Blog List
- ► 2014 (248)
- Carvahlos revisited
- Full employment for the chickadees
- JFK and the TV news
- The Liebster Award
- "Oils" - A Thanksgivukkah Miracle (Royals song par...
- More than just a cultural icon
- It's never good news
- Speaker phones -- a rant
- Smokin' Al's
- Songbird Salutes the 70's
- The Hunger Games:Catching Fire
- Grocery shopping!
- Pastrami Plus
- The Bright Lights of Broadway
- Teppanyaki redux: Gasho of Japan
- Applebees for dinner
- Thor:The Dark World (spoiler alert)
- John's Pizza
- Songbird Salutes the 70's: Double Daylight Saving...
- Typhoon Haiyan
- On the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year...
- If you had to be trapped inside a movie for 5 days...
- Birth story, part 2
- birth story
- Happy birthday!!
- 12 Years A Slave
- Songbird salutes the 70's: Wishniks
- Welcome to my world
- Growing up
- Candlelight Diner
- Duchess update
- ▼ November (35)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)